Backup best practices have undergone major chances since the release of Hyper-V in Windows Server. Today, there are more opportunities than ever to protect your virtual environment, thanks to the many improvements in Hyper-V, applications and software.
Data protection best practices for the virtual environment no longer refers to the use of just a “virtualization-aware” backup solution. Today, you need more. To achieve reliable Hyper-V environment protection, you also need to both follow Microsoft’s established best practices and back up Hyper-V hosts and virtual machines in a manner that provides granular-recovery capabilities. Although these steps may sound simple, they are sometimes quite challenging in reality.
This webinar discusses how to design a comprehensive backup solution to protect your Hyper-V environment. You’ll learn best practices for online vs. offline backups, Linux backups and Ubuntu integration, Hyper-V VSS Writer considerations and much more.
Watch the Hyper-V backup best practices webinar and learn:
- How to assess your backup and recovery needs
- The importance of evaluating your VM architecture
- Critically important virtual hard disk considerations
- How to protect non-Windows VMs
- Best practices for resource allocation and the use of native protection mechanisms